Aging with Chiropractic Care
Aging is natural and we all have to go through that process. As we grow older, however, some normal activities become more difficult to do and some health issues are more prevalent.
Fortunately, most of these can be managed and controlled with a healthy lifestyle and medication. More and more people live to a ripe old age, and stay vital and hale for a lot longer than ever before.
However, not only medicinal advances are helping prolong our lives. Non-medicinal forms of healthcare, including massage and chiropractic care, are well-known to help seniors take better care of their joints and bones. The active release technique is particularly popular. If you want to learn more about active release, read this article HERE.
Common Health Issues in Seniors:
There are some common illnesses which affect seniors across the board. Heart disease is among the most common causes of death in seniors, as well as in other age groups of Americans. However, there are more common health issues in seniors.
Things like arthritis and osteoporosis come as natural consequences of getting old when the body naturally starts losing elasticity and some important elements which help it run smoothly.
Injuries can also take much longer to heal and cause pain to seniors for longer periods of time. Apart from that, seniors can be more prone to falling because of their diminishing sense of balance.
How can Chiropractors Help Seniors?
- Pain Relief – A lot of pain in seniors can be caused by spinal injuries or other disorders. Even though surgery is an option in these situations, chiropractor help is a much safer option, while being extremely effective. Chiropractors are trained to identify and treat both bone and soft tissue problems, whereas pain medication simply masks the problem.
- Balance and Coordination – Balance problems may stem from some improperly healed injuries and spinal degeneration, particularly in the neck region. The nerve receptors in the neck area are responsible for balance and coordination. However, due to injuries or simple wear, they may be damaged. That leads to balance problems. Chiropractic therapy can help by stimulating these receptors in the neck region.
- Increase Mobility – It is not only the spine that can benefit from chiropractic care. In fact, chiropractors can help you with any joint’s mobility. With increased mobility and the absence of pain, a person’s life can be transformed, and they can lead a normal and happy life for a long time. Many hobbies require a dose of mobility, be it gardening or golfing, so keeping that mobility has a twofold benefit.
- Joint Problems – Misaligned joints hurt because they are out of their place, and cannot perform their function properly. An even bigger problem than the immediate pain is that the moving parts of the joint will eventually wear out, and then the pain will become chronic. Chiropractors can help you by occasionally realigning your joints. Bone and joint degeneration can be drastically decreased with a few visits to the chiropractor’s office.
- Overall Health – the absence of pain and discomfort has a remarkable effect on people’s life. With regular chiropractic visits, pain can recede and even go away entirely, so most people can return to their normal lives. When you add the added mobility and vitality which also come as a result, you get a healthier person who now has the means and the will to live their life to the fullest.
Chiropractors are specially trained to work with a range of patients and can adapt the therapy to the client. There is no need to live in pain when there is a simple and easy solution at hand.
Thanks to our guest Michelle who works for Fix Body Chiropractor Group of San Diego in Public Relations for writing up a phenomenal, and in-depth article for Amp Up Fitness clients, followers, challengers, and friends. Fix body Chiropractor Group has multiple doctors and practitioners who work together on your case. Each specialized in their discipline: Chiropractic, Active Release Technique, Acupuncture, Massage, Stretch Therapy and Personal Training.
Their goal is to get you back to doing what you love.
To contact Fix Body Chiropractor Group of San Diego
1010 University Avenue C-203 San Diego, CA 92103